The Computer Merchant is proud to be a Veteran-Owned Business
In 1980, John Danieli (a former Marine Corps programmer and Vietnam War veteran) created a company focused on technology staffing and workforce solutions to meet the unique needs and demanding expectations of Fortune 1000, small and medium-sized commercial and public-sector clients across the U.S. John developed his passion for technology while developing war games at the Pentagon and then through extensive training in computer programming at IBM.
Over the last 39+ years, The Computer Merchant, Ltd. (TCM) has grown to become a leading national provider of IT and engineering staffing and workforce services across the U.S. and is proud to have deployed over 50,000 consultants on critical assignments for its clients. As it has since the beginning, the TCM team continues Danieli’s legacy of service, by demonstrating an exceptional commitment to professionalism fueled by strong client relationships, full accountability and results. As a privately-held company, they stay focused on what’s best for their clients over the long-term, not the short-term interest of shareholders.
TCM has partnered with top-tier government systems integrators including Raytheon, General Dynamics, DXC Technology, CSRA, and Unisys to deploy consultants in over 30 federal agencies and 45 state agencies across the U.S. For more than 28 years, TCM has held the highest-level DOD facility clearance.
TCM is certified as a Veteran-Owned Business (VOB) by the National Veteran Business Development Council (NVBDC). The company has also received certification as a Veteran-Owned Business Enterprise (VBE) by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Supplier Diversity Office. TCM is also a proud member of the NaVOBA (National Veteran Owned Business Association).
NVBDC is the leading third-party Veteran-Owned certification organization in the U.S. and provides opportunities for VOBs to access and do business with Fortune 500/1000 corporations through their Supplier Diversity Programs. A growing number of these large companies look to NVBDC as their primary certification authority and use it to help them track, report and achieve specific annual diversity spend benchmarks. According to research conducted by the National Veteran Business Association, 70% of Americans would prefer to do business with a veteran-owned business than one that is not veteran-owned. Americans recognize that men and women who have served our country have a strong desire to continue to serve the people of the United States and will place the success of their clients at the forefront of their work and approach to business. Their prior service is a monument to their character, and these VOB/VBE certifications are a strong manifestation of TCM’s character and company commitment to service excellence.
- These VOB/VBE certifications provide significant benefits to TCM, its clients, employees and consultants including the following:
- They help TCM to expand on its track record of success as a go-to technology staffing and workforce services partner for its commercial and government clients.
- They expand the Company’s business opportunity and growth working with state agencies and departments deploying highly skilled technical and functional resources that get the job done for them.
- They help clients by giving these state agencies and departments an excellent additional option to consider when they need a proven, high-performance staffing and workforce services partner.
- They also will help our clients achieve specific annual diversity spend thresholds in this rapidly growing veteran-owned diversity category.
- They help TCM’s employees and consultants by increasing their opportunity to work on exciting and challenging assignments and technology projects and enables them to deliver great results and value for these clients.
TCM is honored to have received the VOB and VBE certifications and is committed to leveraging them to build on John Danieli’s track record of ensuring high quality results that drive highly satisfied clients now and into the future.