Over the last three decades, The Computer Merchant (TCM) has placed thousands of consultants authorized to work in the US via the H-1B VISA, on assignment. Our business model in past years did not include direct sponsorship of H-1B VISA employees.
In an effort to provide a greater level of service to those consultants who require sponsorship, TCM has implemented an H-1B Immigration Sponsorship Program. Our goal is to build a strong and lasting relationship with people who seek to transfer their H-1B VISA. Our goal with many of those we sponsor will be to assist them in obtaining their Green Card.
WORKING WITH TCM TO TRANSFER YOUR H-1B VISA.
TCM will be highly selective when considering transferring the sponsorship of a candidate who holds an H-1B VISA into our program. We are seeking the very best and brightest who will take pride in representing TCM as a TCM employee at our clients’ facilities throughout the United States.
HOW THE PROCESS WILL WORK.
We will make every effort to ensure that your transition from your current employer to TCM is as seamless as possible. After you have been qualified and selected by members of TCM’s recruiting staff, interviewed and you have accepted a position with a TCM client, we will need you to quickly provide the necessary documentation to process your H-1B VISA transfer to TCM.
- We will work with the TCM immigration attorney to file the Labor Condition Application (LCA) for approval by the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL).
- The LCA takes approximately 14 days from date of submission to be approved by the DOL.
- When the LCA is approved TCM will submit the proper documentation in accordance with the U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS) to petition the transfer of your H-1B VISA from your present employer to TCM.
- The USCIS timeline for a transfer of H-1B VISAs varies, however, you can begin working for TCM as soon as we have the electronic receipt notifying TCM that USCIS has received our request to transfer your VISA. This happens within days. (**Note: TCM will not, as a rule, request expedited premium processing, but will request it at the expense of the consultant.)
- As an employee of TCM on an H-1B VISA, you will be required to provide us with bi-weekly status reports submitted to the designated TCM staff member.
GREEN CARD PERMANENT RESIDENCY SPONSORSHIP BY TCM.
It will be the policy of TCM that an H-1B employee will only be eligible for consideration for TCM to sponsor their Green Card after they have worked for TCM for a minimum of 1 year. This will also be determined by work performance, attitude, professionalism and reports received from our customers while on TCM consulting assignments.
As the one year anniversary date nears, we will discuss with you our intent, your career goals and whether or not we will require more time to further evaluate your performance before applying for your Green Card. Additionally, our ability to identify the correct classification of whether you are eligible for consideration as an EB2 or EB3 is completely determined by our being able to verify 100% of your professional work history, experience, qualifications and education.